Local Resources - Charlotte, NC
I know how hard and overwhelming transitioning to a more sustainable lifestyle can be, so I wanted to give additional help to the Charlottean community with a list of local businesses in Charlotte, NC that support sustainable living and more!
- Farm Fresh Carolinas does a great job bringing fresh local and organic produce directly to homes and offices. I have personally reduced drastically my plastic waste and number of trips to the grocery stores since I use their services. Farm Fresh Carolinas uses reusable insulated bags and accepts my reusable produce bags to pack and deliver delicious fruits and veggies. No contract! No more PLU stickers! Use the code "EKO" and receive 20% off your first order!
- Farmers Market, we are lucky to have several farmers' markets here in Charlotte, find the list here. Of course, our favorite is South End Market where you can find Ekologicall and several other wonderful farmers, bakers and crafters every Saturday from 8:00am to 1:00pm!
- Earth Fare reopened in South Park. Ballantyne, Concord, Fort Mill, S.C stores will be reopening soon. They have a bulk section and accept your reusable produce bags.
- Whole Foods has a bulk section and they accept your containers are the butcher or at the fish shop. At least the one at Waverly does.
- Provisions Waxhaw offers a wide range of local fresh food products. You can by in bulk flour, sugar, grains...
- Lake View Farms, they are your good old milkman guys, who deliver hormone free, antibiotic free, free range dairy in glass bottles that are sanitized and reused for other home deliveries.
Grow your own food
- The Patio Farmer will help you grow your own food no matter what size space you have at home. Whether you are starting from scratch, looking for a few new tricks and tips, need help tackling a big (or small) project, The Patio Farmer is here to assist! The Patio Farmer is a partner of Ekologicall and offers you 50% of your first consultation!
- Compost your food scraps with Crown Town Compost. They will gladly provide you with a bucket to fill up with fruits and vegetables scraps, corn cob, banana peel, grass clippings, used paper napkins, towels, tissues, plates, egg shells, nuts and grains, tea bags/leaves, coffee grinds... They can come to you or you can come drop off your bucket @southendmarket on Saturday mornings! Enter the code "EKOLOGICALL" when you sign-up for Crown Town Compost services and get one month free ($20-$30 value).
- Pets Want Charlotte will refill your container with all-natural, safe pet food.
Reuse & Second Hand
- Buy Nothing group on Facebook
- Nouveaux: consignment boutique for women
- The Sleepy Poet Antique Mall for antiques, collectables & vintage items
- Habitat Charlotte ReStore, used and gently used furniture, appliances and hone decor
- The Salvation Army
- Facebook Marketplace
- Not local but the fashion industry is the 3rd most polluting industry in the world so check Poshmark, Vinted, ThredUp, eBay and others for second hand clothes, shoes, accessories.
Leaf Burrito, avoid the plastic or paper bags when collecting the leaves, grass clippings, weeds... from your yard, and opt for a reusable and durable bag. Tell Marc that Ekologicall sent you :)
***Let's grow this list together! You know a local business that help our community to leave more sustainably, please share it with us! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about that business and what they do!***