- What is Ekologicall?
Ekologicall LLC is a start-up located in Charlotte NC. Our mission is to empower our community to lead the way to a healthier, simpler and more sustainable lifestyle by changing our consumption habits.
Check our About Page to learn more
- What is Zero Waste?
The Zero Waste movement is based on 5 principles: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Rot.
To learn more about these principles and start your journey to a less wasteful lifestyle, join one of our Free Workshops.
For those of you who like definitions:
“Zero Waste is a goal that is both pragmatic and visionary, to guide people to emulate sustainable natural cycles, where all discarded materials are resources for others to use. Zero Waste means designing and managing products and processes to reduce the volume and toxicity of waste and materials, conserve and recover all resources, and not burn or bury them. Implementing Zero Waste will eliminate all discharges to land, water, or air that may be a threat to planetary, human, animal or plant health. ”
Definition of Zero Waste as adopted by the Zero Waste International Alliance
- What is the problem with plastic?
First, let's start with the reasons why we use so much plastic. Plastic is light, durable, versatile, pliable, cheap to produce—and ubiquitous. There are areas where we can not avoid plastic: hospitals, aircrafts, cars... Unfortunately plastic is also the cause of massive and insidious pollution all over the world:
- Since the 1950s, approximately 8.3 billion tons of plastic have been produced worldwide and only 9% of that has been recycled. Guardian UK
- Every minute, the equivalent of a truckload of plastic enters our oceans. Greenpeace
- If we do not drastically reduce our plastic consumption, by 2050, the oceans will contain more plastic than fish by weight. Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Because China will no longer accept our plastic waste (and rightly so), by 2030, the world will need to bury or recycle an estimated 111 million metric tons of the stuff. Bloomberg
- Micro-plastics are in our water, our air, our fish and even human stool. Guardian UK
- Half of all plastics ever manufactured have been made in the last 15 years. National Geographic
- Production increased exponentially, from 2.3 million tons in 1950 to 448 million tons in 2015. Production is expected to double by 2050.
- Every year, about 8 million tons of plastic waste escapes into the oceans from coastal nations. That’s the equivalent of setting five garbage bags full of trash on every foot of coastline around the world.
- Plastics often contain additives making them stronger, more flexible, and durable. But many of these additives can extend the life of products if they become litter, with some estimates ranging to at least 400 years to break down.
Do we need to go on? Look around you, think twice before using single use plastic and switch to sustainable alternatives.
- Why should I care?
Why should you care about pollution?
Pollution (air, water, land, soil, noise and light) causes diseases, mental development issues, species' extinction, gas emissions, changes in climate patterns. Fighting pollution is fighting for the living. You do it for your health and the health of your love ones. We often hear that we have to do something for the Earth but we should keep in mind that the planet has been here for +4.5 billion years with humans, but mostly without. Earth will probably survive, Humans?
- What is the processing time for orders?
Processing time is typically 1 to 3 business days. Processing time may vary depending on sales, promotions, and holidays.
- What is the status of my order?
Once you’ve received your shipping confirmation email, you can click on tracking number and see the status of your delivery. It may take 24 hours for tracking updates to appear. If you have any questions about the status of your orde, please reach out to email@example.com
- Can I update my shipping address after I have already placed an order?
If your order is shipping to an incorrect address, please contact us right away at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What do I do if I need to change or cancel my order?
Once an order is placed, we’re unable to add anything to your order or make any changes.
If you do need us to cancel an order, please send us an email at email@example.com right away and be sure to include your order number in your request. Once an order has been dispatched, we are unable to cancel the order.
- What is your Return or Exchange Policy?
Please check our Return and Exchange Policy here
- Do you use plastic to ship your products?
We re-use boxes and packaging materials from our suppliers and donations as much as possible and avoid plastic at all cost. However, if you do see bubble wrap or foam, it is re-used materials from our customers.
- Why does Ekologicall prefer USPS for its deliveries ?
We prefer to ship our packages through USPS since they already come to your residence on a daily basis. This cuts down gas and extra trips from other shipping carriers but we do also offer UPS and Fedex shipping options.
- How does the Home Delivery service work?
We offer convenient home delivery service to various areas in Charlotte, NC. The availability of this service and any associated fees depend on your specific zip code. Please see the details below.
- 28277, 28173: Free home delivery for orders over $10
- 28210, 28134, 28226: Free home delivery for orders over $20
- 28105, 28203, 28207, 28209, 28210, 28211, 28212, 28270, 28273: Free home delivery for orders over $50
- 28205, 28215: $5 delivery fee for orders over $20
When you enter your delivery address at checkout, you'll see the different options displayed.
Another option is to pick-up your order at one of our locations:
- Innovation Barn
- Charlotte Collective in South End
- Lokal in Camp North End
- Painted Tree Boutiques in Matthews
Select 'local pickup' at checkout and specify the location in the order notes. We will contact you shortly to arrange the pickup of your order.
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
- Which products do you have available for refill?
You can find all of our refillable / bulk products here.
If you would like to see additional products available for refill, please email us your request and we will try our best to get it.
- How can I get refills?
- Can I use my own containers for the refills?
Absolutely! We encourage you to use the containers you already have in your closets. You can reuse your previous shampoo, body wash, conditioner, soap bottles even your glass tomato sauce containers as long as they are dry and clean.
- Does Ekologicall provide containers?
We have reusable bottles for sale here.
We also use donated containers that we sanitize so that we can give them a second life.
- How do I get in touch with Ekologicall?
We do our best to make sure the answer to your question is located in our FAQ. However, we would love to hear from you! You can email us at email@example.com
Wnat to meet in person? Check where we are popping up!
- How can I apply to become a vendor at Ekologicall?
We would love to consider bringing additional zero waste and eco-friendly products to Ekologicall! If you would like to apply to become a vendor, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and add “New Vendor Application” in the subject line. We will get back to you as soon as we can.