Ekologicall LLC is a start-up located in Charlotte NC. Our mission is to empower our community to lead the way to a healthier, simpler and more sustainable lifestyle by changing our consumption habits.
Check our About Page to learn more
The Zero Waste movement is based on 5 principles: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Rot.
To learn more about these principles and start your journey to a less wasteful lifestyle, join one of our Free Workshops.
For those of you who like definitions:
“Zero Waste is a goal that is both pragmatic and visionary, to guide people to emulate sustainable natural cycles, where all discarded materials are resources for others to use. Zero Waste means designing and managing products and processes to reduce the volume and toxicity of waste and materials, conserve and recover all resources, and not burn or bury them. Implementing Zero Waste will eliminate all discharges to land, water, or air that may be a threat to planetary, human, animal or plant health. ”
Definition of Zero Waste as adopted by the Zero Waste International Alliance
First, let's start with the reasons why we use so much plastic. Plastic is light, durable, versatile, pliable, cheap to produce—and ubiquitous. There are areas where we can not avoid plastic: hospitals, aircrafts, cars... Unfortunately plastic is also the cause of massive and insidious pollution all over the world:
- Since the 1950s, approximately 8.3 billion tons of plastic have been produced worldwide and only 9% of that has been recycled. Guardian UK
- Every minute, the equivalent of a truckload of plastic enters our oceans. Greenpeace
- If we do not drastically reduce our plastic consumption, by 2050, the oceans will contain more plastic than fish by weight. Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Because China will no longer accept our plastic waste (and rightly so), by 2030, the world will need to bury or recycle an estimated 111 million metric tons of the stuff. Bloomberg
- Micro-plastics are in our water, our air, our fish and even human stool. Guardian UK
- Half of all plastics ever manufactured have been made in the last 15 years. National Geographic
- Production increased exponentially, from 2.3 million tons in 1950 to 448 million tons in 2015. Production is expected to double by 2050.
- Every year, about 8 million tons of plastic waste escapes into the oceans from coastal nations. That’s the equivalent of setting five garbage bags full of trash on every foot of coastline around the world.
- Plastics often contain additives making them stronger, more flexible, and durable. But many of these additives can extend the life of products if they become litter, with some estimates ranging to at least 400 years to break down.
Do we need to go on? Look around you, think twice before using single use plastic and switch to sustainable alternatives.
Why should you care about pollution?
Pollution (air, water, land, soil, noise and light) causes diseases, mental development issues, species' extinction, gas emissions, changes in climate patterns. Fighting pollution is fighting for the living. You do it for your health and the health of your love ones. We often hear that we have to do something for the Earth but we should keep in mind that the planet has been here for +4.5 billion years with humans, but mostly without. Earth will probably survive, Humans?
Processing time is typically 3 to 5 business days. Processing time may vary depending on sales, promotions, and holidays.
Once you’ve received your shipping confirmation email, you can click on tracking number and see the status of your delivery. It may take 24 hours for tracking updates to appear. If you have any questions about the status of your orde, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your order is shipping to an incorrect address, please contact us right away at email@example.com
Once an order is placed, we’re unable to add anything to your order or make any changes. If you do need us to cancel an order, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org right away and be sure to include your order number in your request. Once an order has been dispatched, we are unable to cancel the order.
Please check our Return and Exchange Policy here
Unfortunately, due to the logistics of planning for workshops and selling a limited number of tickets, we cannot offer refunds for tickets to workshops you can no longer attend. However, we are completely fine with you passing on your ticket to someone else who may be interested in attending the workshop!
We re-use boxes and packaging materials from our suppliers and donations as much as possible and avoid plastic at all cost. However, if you do see bubble wrap or foam, it is re-used materials from our customers, Ekologicall did not purchase those.
We prefer to ship our packages through USPS since they already come to your residence on a daily basis. This cuts down gas and extra trips from other shipping carriers but we do also offer UPS and Fedex shipping options.
Right now we have the following products available for refill:
Fillaree Body Care Soap: $0.60 per oz - Lemon & Lavender - Tangerine & Clove
Fillaree Hand Wash Soap: $0.60 per oz - Lemon & Lavender - Tangerine & Clove
Fillaree Clean Plate Dish Soap: $0.45 per oz - Citrus scent
Fillaree Clean Dream: $0.30 per oz
Oneka Shampoo : $0.625 per oz - Cedar & Sage - Citrus - Lavender
Oneka Shower Gel: $0.625 per oz - Citrus - Lavender
Meliora Laundry Refill Bag: $12.99 - Citrus - 128 HE (64 Standard) Loads
Dental Floss Refill: $6.69 - 33 yards x2
If you would like to see additional products available for refill, please email us your request and we will try our best to get it.
Here is the link to our selection of products available for refill.
For our South Charlotte, NC customers, we have 2 options available:
- $5 Fee Home Delivery: if you live in the South Charlotte area*, you can schedule a home delivery for $5.
- Free Ballantyne Delivery: if you live in the Ballantyne area (28277), you can schedule a free home delivery
*the South Charlotte area includes the following zip codes: 28104, 28105, 28134, 28173, 28209, 28211, 28217, 28226, 28227, 28270, 28273, 28277, 28278, 29715
For our customers living outside of South Charlotte NC, we will be happy to ship your products, except glass containers. Your package might be heavy and expensive to ship so make sure to google any Zero Waste stores or Refill Stations in your area that offer refill so you can support local businesses and reduce the carbon footprint of your products.
For more information about Refills check the How it works page.
Absolutely! We encourage you to use the containers you already have in your closets. You can reuse your previous shampoo, body wash, conditioner, soap bottles even your glass tomato sauce containers as long as they are clean.
We will be happy to provide you with containers for your shampoo and shower gel refills at no charge, as long as you return them at each refill. A $2 fee will be charged to your account if the bottles are not returned.
For any other refillable products, Ekologicall will use sterilized donated containers so that you can pour your refillable products into your own.
We do our best to make sure the answer to your question is located in our FAQ. However, we would love to hear from you! You can email us at email@example.com
We would love to consider bringing additional zero waste and eco-friendly products to Ekologicall! If you would like to apply to become a vendor, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and add “New Vendor Application” in the subject line. We will get back to you as soon as we can.